Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Solar Site Analysis

I did some site work for the PV system yesterday. The site is situated between the cabin and the garden. I chose this location because it meets two important criteria - solar access and proximity to the cabin. The former was gauged using a device called a Solar Pathfinder. It provides a visual representation of the "solar window" by showing unwanted shading throughout the year and potential insolation. It's a really handy, must-have device.

PV site location














Viewing the "solar window"

1 comment:

elswedo said...

I've been reading about the Solar Pathfinder thing for site evaluation. It looks really cool. I hope your PV equipment arrives quickly and you get it all hooked in before your deadline to get your VA rebate. We've got a program like that in NH now too. So I'm interested in heading down that road.