Thursday, March 18, 2010

Agua, Wasser, H2O

Oh how we love that miraculous molecule. We love it even more when it comes out of a faucet, and when it flushes a toilet. I'm very happy to announce that Christy and I now have running water in the cabin, albeit cold water. The kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and toilet are all operational. I'm getting a 20 gallon water heater this coming weekend.

There's been a mad dash lately to get the cabin ready for a CO (Certificate of Occupancy) inspection. The building inspector that I've been working with is being replaced after next week. I'm not wanting to take any chances that the new person will be too "by the book" and require us to redo something. The only things that I need to complete by next Tuesday are:
  • Install hot water heater and run piping
  • Build stairs for the front door
  • Cover any unterminated light fixtures/outlets
Because of the rushed schedule I ended up placing the pressure tank under the kitchen counter (where the dishwasher will eventually reside). In the coming months I'll move the pressure tank outside and bury it near the wellhead.


















20 gallon pressure tank with sediment filter















What a feeling it is!

No comments: