Sunday, May 24, 2009

Is that a snake you've got?

Adrian and Keith visited over the Memorial Day weekend. We had a lot of fun, as always. Spent Friday night at the Floyd Jamboree. Saturday we toured the local stores and galleries and had dinner at the Pine Tavern. Sunday we hung out in Roanoke.

Before heading back home, Keith spotted a black snake in a tree. Of course I had to run like a little kid to check it out. And, like a kid I had to pick it up.




After A & K left, Christy and I were hanging out in the kitchen area when we heard a loud commotion across the street. We then saw a deer bound over to our side of the property and then take off down the hill. I went to see what might have spooked it and found this:


Perhaps the mother detected our scent and panicked. It was amazing to see just how still the fawn was as I was only 6 feet away. Too cool!

No comments: