Friday, March 20, 2009

"Like Little Machines"

A haiku courtesy of my, now former, co-worker, Jake:

Like little machines,
We maintain our existence,
But we never live.

It's perfect! Thanks for sharing that, Jake.

So, today, fittingly the first day of spring, was our last day at work. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. Perhaps it will on Monday morning when there's a noticeably silent alarm. I was graciously treated to a fun farewell lunch by my co-workers at Alpha. We went to Red Bowl - an Asian bistro. I was really happy to see so many people. Jeri made this cute little log house out of Lincoln Logs. I love it! Everyone has been so effusive with their kind words. It's truly humbling. It was fun working at Alpha. I'm really going to miss everyone there.



Our house, is a very, very, very fine house...

No comments: