Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair.



After three years of letting my hair grow to the requisite length for living in the woods I've decided to have my locks shorn. I'm really enjoying this new found freedom. Ironically, I felt the same way when I had decided to let it grow. It was the freedom of not having to concern myself with what it looked like, i.e. a particular style or even if it was combed. It's surprising that opposites can be so similar.

This week Jim and I worked on finishing up the gable wall framing and applying tar paper to the exterior walls. We almost finished before having to head back to Charlotte.

The adage, "Black is slimming." comes to mind when looking at the cabin covered in black. An already small structure now appears even smaller. But, come next week, the roof will be red.





No comments: