Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yard Sale

Today was our yard sale. Christy and I started putting stuff out at 6:30AM. Fortunately no one came early. It was quite a success from our perspective. We sold everything with the exception of a few books and Cd's. We made $130! We thought it was great but my mom (who's German, BTW) said "Zat is not very much."when told how much we took in. Thank God I have some Latin blood in me to counter such high standards. Hi mom, I love you!

A lot of our neighbors stopped by to say hello and wish us well. We also met a neighbor couple who we wished we had met sooner. They're into organic gardening and alternative energy also. Bruce and Liza stopped by to drop off their car to be sold on our front lawn. They also gave Christy and I a wonderful gift certificate to Gardens Alive - thank you so much you two! We were also treated to a farewell visit from Mark and Anne and their boys. Thanks for stopping by to wish us farewell. We hope Ethan and Nicholas enjoy their boards.

No comments: