Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm not going to say it

The temptation is there, but I'm not going to title this post after a certain hotel chain. Having said that, the porch roof is on. I'm still waiting for what's called a rake board trim to add to the end rafters. It protects the rafters from rain.

















 Next up is the railing, gutters (w/ rain barrels), and a storage/laundry room on the far side of the side porch. 

Oh, and the chicken ladder has finally been taken down. My brother, Adrian, posed the obvious, "When are you going to take that ladder down?"

Speaking of brothers, Adrian and Roney came up for a weekend visit to honor my 51st birthday. We've recently started a tradition of the brothers getting together for breakfast on our birthday. We're calling it the Brown Brothers Birthday Breakfast. Much fun was had. How can it not be fun when we get together? So glad we're not like some boring old adult brothers who merely tolerate each others company. I just wish our brother, Andre' (Vegas), lived out east. Oh and let's not forget my other siblings much further away, on other continents - my sister Claudia in Europe (Sardinia) and brothers Marco Aurelio and Anselmo in Brasil.

 Below is an ultra-sound image of my granddaughter, Gabriela - soon to be daughter of my daughter, Lauren, who is due in October.

















Can't say it enough - Life is great.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Are you and Christy ready for winter?

I hope it's not as cold as it was last year. TF